Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, August 13, 2017

All the people called Angela Lansbury - and all the people sharing your name



Problem
How many people are called by your name?

Answer
When I was aged about 21 in New York there were only two people called Angela Lansbury. I had thought I was the only one. But the hotel receptionist remembered my name. When I went out into the street I could see why. The name Angela Lansbury, the actress, was in lights across the streets of New York.

Until this time last year I thought there was a maximum of four people called Angela Lansbury. Then a website asked me to give my LinkedIn details. I looked up my name and was horrified to discover that there were as many as 13 people just on Linkedin.

Writers
What do I and the actress have in common, apart from our mutual name? We are both writers.

Sons with the same names
We both have a son called Anthony. (The actress has more children.)

Sleeping In The Nude
What do we not have in common? I read that the actress sleeps in the nude. I never sleep in the nude. I am a travel writer and travel a lot. I have never been in a hotel fire but I have been in at least two hotels where the fire alarm rang and we had to get out of the hotel sharpish, just in case.

You don't want to be hunting around in the dark for your clothes when the lights go out and the fire alarm rings. Well, maybe you do. But I don't.

Greetings to all the people who share my name and all those who want to read about people who share names.

I went around a conference recently asking all the people how many other people had the same name. On Facebook you often find several. I have other posts on the Name Angela Lansbury, and on sharing your name with other people. Please share links to your favourite posts.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, 

No comments: