Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, August 18, 2017

Recycling Plastic and Paper Cups to Protect Yogurt and Donuts In Transit

Problems
You have used paper cups which get squashed in transit.
You want to use them again after they are hardly used or not used.
Your yoghurt is in danger of spilling.
Your croissant or sandwich is in danger of leaving grease on your diary and paperwork in your bag.

Answer
A plastic or paper cup (or two or three) makes a great protective container for yoghurt. You can also used plastic of paper mugs as containers for biscuits, muffins, doughnuts, or cakes.

Story
One year I was delayed boarding a plane at Heathrow. We were given vouchers for food and drinks. I bought a strawberry yoghurt and other foods.  The plane was called and I had an uneaten, unfinished, not even started yoghurt. I thought it would be okay in a duffel bag. Wrong.

Unfortunately, when the plane landed, I discovered I had strawberry yoghurt over my diary, my guidebook and my bikini. I washed out the bikini at the destination, which removed a potential stain, but it still smelled of strawberry yoghurt for days.

I am not saying that a plastic cup is better than a proper, solid, capped container, nor even that it is just as good. I am saying it is better than nothing, when you are looking around and wondering, how do I protect papers and clothes from this potential spill?

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Please share your favourite posts.

No comments: