Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Moon Cakes To Buy at Changi Airport, Singapore

Problem
Where can you get moon cakes when you are already at the airport?

Answer
From a shop in the airport.

I emailed: buy moon cakes.




Photos by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Moon cake bought at Changi airport. The airport has shops selling moon cakes in different places at different terminals as you can see from the Fragrance Foodstuff website.

The company website lists all their branches. They have several outlets in Malaysia as well as shopping malls all over Singapore. Or the airport for that last minute gift.

When buying, my buyer was offered the plain moon cake or one with a single or double egg. I had instructed, get the cheapest, because I know that mooncakes can be very expensive. (I was told by somebody who had lived inTaiwan that moon cakes are cheaper in Taiwan than in Singapore.)

I don't like the eggs. I think they are a waste of money. They turn a sweet dish into a savoury dish. I can see that from a dietary point of view they could be better for your health, or less cloying. However, if I am paying a lot of money for the been curd or lotus filling, I don't want the cheaper and more every day food of an egg to be substitute. You and your guests may think differently.

 I know many Chinese people like the eggs. In England I like Scotch egg, which is the same principle, the surprise and contrast of the egg inside. But that is a savoury food, providing a balanced diet for a main course. I like my moon cakes plain, and affordable. 

You are often offered sets of moon cakes, so that one for £6 becomes £24 for a set of four. The sets make lovely gifts. They often come in nice colourful boxes. Moon cakes are used for family clebegrations, clubs such as Toastmasters Clubs, to eleven the meeting and to accompany looks on the traditions or seasons celebrations accompanying moon cakes.

Moon cakes have also become business gifts. Something to give to clients. To reward employees.To remind people of your business. 

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer. Please are linked to your favourite posts.

No comments: