Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

What I Liked AND DISLIKED About ITE (Institute of Technical Education) in Singapore

Singapore flag


I was driven to the ITE in Ang Mo Kio to evaluate a speech at a Toastmasters International meeting. This location was a surprise, as I had previously visited their West campus beyond Bukit Panjang. I had not liked the meeting room at the West campus, where we stood around in the tropical heat in the outdoor corridor outside the room.

So the ITE Central branch at Ang Mo Kio, all indoors, was a pleasant surprise. All new, clean, modern, with colours, curves, flowers.

The carpeting is like at an airport, a Singapore airport terminal. The ITE carpet stretched wall to wall and cushioned your feet.

You feel like royalty. You feel relaxed. You feel welcome. You feel happy. You feel energised.

The ladies toilet had flowers by the basins. Plus a shower. I do like to see a shower.

UK flag

Showers In The UK
I recalled seeing a shower at a motorway stop in the UK, in the toilets used by truckers and the handicapped.

Showers In Singapore
I saw another shower in an Indian temple in Singapore. Not so grand and modern.

They also have taps for food washing outside the building where you take off your shoes. If you are removing your shoes and prostrating yourself you want to be clean.

Showers and Sports
I asked my friends, who lecture and teach at the ITE, what they knew about showers in public buildings in Singapore. Mr Ong replied:
"You often get showers in the toilets at Sports centres and nearby."
Ah. that explains it, tells you where to look.

I knew that you often get showers in hotels with gyms. But I had not thought about sports areas in colleges and other public buildings.

ITE Sound
What did I dislike at ITE? The high pitch whine, apparently caused by the security system, perhaps when the door of a meeting room is open.

Mr Ong added, "ITE is where the government minister will speak, later in the year."

Maybe they can fix the whining sound before he arrives.

ITE gets my vote. A beautiful venue for the government and for the public.

ITE has three campuses, west, central and east.

I went onto the website and could not find the address. the address is under contact us which is  link across the menu bar which was off to the right of the screen, even though I was not looking on a tiny smartphone but a large screen.

ITE Central
2 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5
Singapore 567720

Useful websites
ITE College Central address and directions
https://central.ite.edu.sg/Contact-Info/106/ContactInfo.aspx

Singapore Airlines
singaporeair.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: