Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, June 12, 2020

Create Cute Photos - Cut clutter, cut litter - and make birthday cards from home and holiday snaps

I took a photo of a pretty pink plant on a balcony in sunny Singapore. Only one problem. Nasty blobs of soil on the ground spoiling my picture. How to cut them out? You can do it on your laptop or even on your mobile phone.

You may have the tool in Adopbe photoshop.

In the good old days when I used an Apple laptop I had an easy photo editing program with a spot picker. you circled the spot you wanted removed. Minimise the spot, maximise, minise, until it elminated all you wanted. Click and the blotch was gone.

Magnetic Lassoo
But this time my photo was taken on my Samsung mobile phone. I had several photos of the offending plant and blob picture. So I could afford to mess up one of them. In editing mode I started clicking on icons I had never touched before.

Why had I not experiemented before? Because I had been editing a photo to improve the colour and sharpness. I clicked on something else and ruined it. I added balloons or hearts which were not approriate all over the buildings and the faces of my friends. Disaster. Editing disaster.

That frightened me off. It should not have done.

The tehnical term for the tool which shrinks to the outline of the item you draw around is called a magnetic lassoo.

Here's the good news. I found that you can use a shrink tool which eliminated all the background.
So now I can focus on the perfect potted plant, flowers in a vase, even myself. You can do the same.

Look back at some of your boring old photos. Everything from a dog of fox in the garden, to a bay or granny, can be enhanced.

Now what about that birthday card I was planning for my husband? Can I find one of him on a mountaintop, on a motorbike?

I often take pictures of food. Birthday cakes. Bottles of wine. So many photos could be improved.

Even if you want to keep the original, you can take out one item such as a bottle of Champagne on a table and enlarge it alongside the main photo. Edit your old family photos and holiday photos to make the perfect birthday card, leaving card, anniversary card.

No comments: