Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Introducing yourself in English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Esperanto


I have translated into Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Esperanto, from the English:
Hello
My name is ...




Spanish flag

SPANISH SELF INTRODUCTION
Mi nombre es (Sounds like my number is but it is my name is.)




Italian flag


ITALIAN SELF INTRODUCTION
Hello. My name is

Ciao (The c is pronounced like CH. How do you remember the vowels are IAO? Spelling memory aid: I say hello or I say Ho- ho, as Sant would say, I A O no e
Il mio nome è 
(Literally the my name is; the is il; il is the. I thought il might be it but I checked and the English word it is translated to the Italian word esso.)


Portuguese

Olá, meu nome é



Esperanto

Saluton. Mia nomo estas ...

Useful Websites
Google translate


French Dictionary

DUOLINGO AND MEMRISE
Duolingo.com

Spanish dictionary

ESPERANTO
Esperanto is taught in Hungary.
HUNGARY
https://kampany.hellomagyarorszag.hu/
https://www.visitacity.com/en/budapest?gclid=Cj0KCQj
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasporta_Servo
ESPERANTO IN FINLAND AND CANADA
Annual convention changes country every year. In 2019 Finland, in 2020 in Canada.
Other languages useful for tourism and travel in Hungary, Hungarian, in Canada, English and French.
See earlier posts on French and German.

Travel
UK
visitbritain.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Teacher of English and other languages. Trainer for business English in colleges and companies.
Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: