Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Protective Hats For Hot weather, and cold weather, especially folding caps


 Protective Hats

Australians have hats with corks. The corks are to keep insects at bay. In places like beaches where you have swarms of flies around your hair and face. You don't want to keep waving them away. Your hand might be busy holding a torch, or walking stick, or writing. 

But I find corks bobbing in front of my eyes and hitting my forehead are a nuisance.

Chinese Traditional Folding Hats

The giant brim hat which pack flat have a circular wire which can be folded half way into a figure or eight and then one loop is folded over the other one. Each time you move them, they are liable to spring open. 

Hat Pouches

So you need to pack them in a right size pouch. A zipped or drawstring bag which is large enough but not too bulky for the jacket pocket or heavy in the suitcase. 

Verdict - For Amusement Only

The trouble is that the circular hats spring up, open up, unexpectedly. when you unpack. The hat might hit your spectacles. Or just give you a nasty shock.

Sporting and Fashion Folding Caps

I like a folding hat with a brim and neck protection.

I have these in pink, red, pale blue and navy blue. The brand I have bought most is OutdoorSport. 

The Folding Brim Cap
For daytime, I added a newly delivered cash on delivery cap in navy blue. The cap is brand Outdoor Sport which is printed large across the crown, from the brim towards the back.

Why did I order this cap? I ordered two because there was a special offer for buying two. I already have this style in red and pink.t Folding is handy when you take it off in a restaurant for lunch or dinner and want to stuff it hurriedly into an already full bag without breaking the bag's zip.

These hats come in pale blue, dark navy blue, and other colours, depending on who you order from. The large men's sizes cost 32 dollars. That is beyond my budget. The first one I bought was sold in one colour only, pink, from one of those all bargain homeware stores, maybe Japan Home or similar, at under twenty dollars. I had looked online and bought one in red. So when I saw two for 29 dollars I ordered immediately. 

Cash on Delivery
Cash on delivery was not an option I wanted. I can see that saves the supplier paying a credit card company. The buyer in theory is assured that they can't be charged for goods which never turn up, get delivered to the wrong address, or get left on the doorstep and stolen.

However, I was afraid that the goods might arrive when I was out or unavailable. What if the delivery was delayed until I had gone on holiday or travelling? What if I was out shopping or having dinner or at other meetings? What if I was in the shower or on the phone or on a Zoom call and did not hear the knock at the door.

I was relieved when the parcel was delivered. Two hats in one almost flat envelope. Tiny. I was asked for money. The deliver said I Could not open the envelope until I had paid. I could feel the hat brim. I paid and started opening it immediately to be sure I had been sent the right item. Yes!

The pale blue is an awkward colour. The blue does not match anything else, not my dresses, blouses, scarves. I wish manufacturers would make hats and jackets or dresses or shirts to match. 

My dream is to run a clothing website selling co-ordinated clothes. There is already a white store. Why don't swimsuit makers and swimhat makers co-ordinate?

Useful Websites
A circular brim foldable hat
In pink (matt coral), blue (bold bright - but hard to match), orange (with touch of red), red.
Price 32.02 SGD (Singapore dollars) posted from the USA, takes Paypal. 10% off for buying a second hat.
https://lined.store/products/%F0%9F%94%A52nd-50--off%F0%9F%94%A5uv-protection-foldable-sun-hat

Cap with pull out sides to brim 
(They say large brim, stretchable). No crown to the hat. 
The cost is more, 42 dollars reduced from 74. (Mother's Day sales. 20 April 2022 on Facebook.)
Colours: black, pink, gray, beige. The black is most practical. The pink is a pale colour.
https://1001480325.mtjfc.com/122?utm_content=23849891491800147&from=facebook&adset_id=23849891494270147&ad_id=23849891494430147&opt_id=541&fbclid=IwAR0bVbsjxXGTksv9c9jXtw2rYO6pSzjX4Og30bfh3Ad9mk7Yd7QpP1bTOqE

Buy a dozen to give to all your friends and family. At under five dollars each, must multiple order, some offers from Alibaba are fro ten or more, others for as little as two.
Plus 7.25 US shipping.
Also single samples at ten dollars. (Plus postage)


White

No comments: