Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Afterthoughts On Travel Packing

 



Packing nightmare. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

What should I pack? Clogs, Crocs, for the day. But something smarter for the evening.

Evening Shoes

Gold sandals for the evening. Gold and silver sandals would go with everything.  Not high heels. The conference centre had grass. I could keep to paths. But what if a group took a short cut? Or an evening walk by the lake to see the sunset?

Summer Sandals

Sandals for summery weather. Socks, or nail polish for my toes? 

Rain

What if it rained? Did I need closed toe shoes?

Travel Outfits - One or Two?

I needed five outfits plus one travel outfit. I could wear it at the end. It could be hand-washed and dry in between, if I wore the same dress on the journey down and the journey back.

Day and evening 

I wanted a day outfit and an evening outfit. Could I upgrade outfits with a smarter jacket, and a glittering scarf? I wanted a hat with a brim to shield my eyes from lights. But what about the evening? A sequinned cap. It was black, no good for crossing roads at night, but okay when I stayed within a conference centre.

Stationery, Books, Gifts

For a Writers' Summer School I pack books to sell, a display stand, stickers, flyers, business cards and free bookmarks.

My books. Photo by Angela Lansbury.



Torch

Umbrella and rainhat and hooded raincoat. Waterproof bag for papers, notebooks and books and newspapers.

Coffee

On one trip, my husband did not like the coffee in the restaurant at the hotel. He made a round trip driving to the nearest town and bought a coffee maker and capsules. The following year we travelled there with the coffee  maker.

Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: