Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 22, 2022

Convert An Overseas Meeting Time to your clock time - with time converter buddy


 I just tried checking time conversion between Singapore and London. I used to use time and date converter. However, today online I got the run around, directed to an old website, not allowing this year's date, went to a new website, could not align the two countries I wanted. I logged out and did another search for a website.

I found time buddy. Instant results. I did not get a date for next Sunday, but the UK's daylight saving does not end in August so 24 hours difference, Saturday to Sunday, will not cause a change.

Daylight Saving Clock Change Dates

The daylight saving dates in Spring and Autumn are different in different places, different countries in the Northern and Southen hemispheres. The seasons are reversed from London, Europe and New York and the USA for meetings down under in Australia. So the Australians are changing to spring when we up north are changing to Autumn. 

Not the same dates. You might also find lots of calendar changes in Canada and the USA. For example, mothers day and mothering Sunday are also different around the world. 

According to my checks today, a meeting in Singapore (Braddell Heights Advanced Club) at starting at 4 pm is much better than their previous timing of 2 pm, because it is 9 am in the UK. The meeting ends two hours later at 4 pm Singapore time, which is 11 am UK time. 

I told several people at 'Swanwick' (Writers' Summer School at The Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick, Derbyshire) about the meetings. So they need these two times.

Useful Websites

worldtimebuddy.com

https://www.facebook.com/SwanwickWriters/

No comments: