Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, August 5, 2022

Steak House, Pinner: Good Prosecco, And Fries, But No Vegetables

We had a very relaxing lunch at the Steakhouse Restaurant in Hatch End Pinner.. We booked a table for three friends near the open

f ront. Why? Because my friend is  cautious about Covid.  

My friend had eaten there before and knew to order a vegetarian starter because the main course comes without vegetables. However, I was  saving my money and calories for dessert.

I ordered Prosecco, which came  up fast. Along with tap water, which I asked for, with lemon.

Chicken and Chips

Chicken and chips. Photo by Angela Lansbury. copyright.ttps://www.thesteakrestaurant.coms

 The breaded chicken with thin French fries was excellent. Tasty chicken. Sufficiently succulent. Not overwhelmed by the bread.

The chips looked thin, but had enough potato inside. And crsipy outside. Very more-ish. 

Excellent - except for the lack of refreshing vegetables. I think that if you are offering a one or two course meal, it should be meat and two vegetables, not just meat and potato. In my mind that is conning the customer.

Cheesecake Dessert

My cheesecake dessert. Photo by Angela Lansbury..Copyright.

I had left room for the delectable and decadent cheesecake. Pleasantly presented. Only one strawberry. (But better than the main course which did not have even one string of cress. The cheesecake was a satisfyingly solid, baked cheesecake with a biscuit base. Creamy but solid cheesecake. Thick, crunchy biscuit base.  the s

Coffee and Mints



The bill came with mints in the shape of white balls. The server had no trouble dividing the bill between two credit cards.

The restaurant next door has lunch a pound cheaper. Hatch End has a large number of restaurants. 

Will I go there again? Probably. What will I order? The same. But I shall try to share salad and dessert with another person, to increase my vegetables and decrease my calories and sugar.

Useful Websites

https://www.thesteakrestaurant.com

 

No comments: