Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Nothing suitable to wear? How to pack light, with variety and smart clothes for the evening

 If you plan to go out, or to travel, you need tp pick clothes suitable for your destination. If you fly from the north of the globe to the south, the seasons are reverses.

Drawers full of clothes. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
 

I do not have a thing to wear

I've loads of clothes like uncombed hair

I've silk which does not go with leather

And jeans which do not go with feathers


I've boots although it's hot outside

A missing button, or a stain

I've lots of stuff, too much to hide

Broken umbrellas for the rain


My new top is a size too small

I can't do its zip up at all

And most of the elastic's gone

One dress too short and one too long


I ought to sell what I don't need

But selling's such a dirty deed

An empty shelf? Destroyed! Not freed!

An empty shelf need socks like seeds


Although the bedroom looks like hell

Looking at it makes me unwell

I hunt and sort, but truth to tell

I cannot find one thing to sell.


I cannot throw a thing away

I know selling should start today

What I'd ask is too much to pay

And so the whole lot has to stay.


What do you wear, I hear you say

I cannot make a decision

So I've found a good solution

I wear the same dress every day.

-ends-

Tips on packing

I start packing months in advance. Anything vital is either packed or added to a packing list. Clothes which dry fast. Items which match. Gifts for others.

When packing for holidays, one black skirt or pair of jeans with three or four tops in various matching or contrasting colours gives several outfits with less space. However, I find dressing is quicker if you have one pull on dress. Add a couple of scarves to doll it up for dinner in a smart restaurant or hotel.

Please share link s to your favourite posts.

No comments: