Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Froggie updates, Jurong frog visits and toad stories

I just updated my previous post on Jurong Frog park. I saw a yellow-bellied toad earlier this year, June, in Romania, and identified the yellow-bellied toad from signs. I remember wondering how the toads which inhabited suddenly appearing ponds in rainy weather, could manage to live without the ponds.

Now that I have located guides to the difference between toads and frogs all is clear. Frogs live in water, mostly. Toads are more flexible and can live in water or on land.

The yellow-bellied toads have yellow underneath.

However, the American bullfrog also has a yellow belly! How can you tell them apart? However, the American bullfrog - male - also has a green upper lip.

Now you know.

The more I read about frogs and toads, the more I want to visit the frog place in Singapore.


Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author, speaker, teacher.

No comments: