Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Singapore is Fairyland, which you can find by bus, MRT and walking

Daytime or night-time, Singapore is fairyland. Earlier this month I took the 961 bus from outside Cashew station through the city to Henerson Road Community Centre. I was astonsihed by the beauty of the trees and buildings. The red stalks of the lipstick palms, the pretty fan shaped palms and traveller's palms like one big fan. It was like fairyland.

I thought I would take the same route again across Singapore all the way to Bugis, but the train went underground twice as fast. So, to be sure of arriving on time, I took the train. I thought how much better it would have been to see the sights from the bus. I thought I had missed out on the pleasures of the Singapore landscape. However, when I emerged from the Bugis MRT station into daylight, before 7 pm, I was impressed by the tall buildings in unusual shapes.

I looked at the DUO building right next to the MRT. Across the road was the Gateway building, or rather two buildings, semi circles around the central welcoming elegant fountains.

Finally the Plaza building attached to a suite hotel. Facing cute small shophouses from the old days, probably with a preservation order.

When I came out of the meeting at 10 pm, it was dark outside, but bright, from the lights on the skyscrapers, a veritable fairyland, again



Singapore near Bugis station. Photos by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.
Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer, photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: