Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, January 26, 2018

Burns Night With Pipers In Harrow And Readings From Animation Using Burns Skull Cast

Problem
When and where to celebrate Burns night?
Photo in the public domain. From Wikipedia. 

Answer
Anywhere, any time. Last night, Jan 25th, 2018, I saw two pipers wearing kilts playing outside the pub on Harrow on the Hill.

If you haven't been invited to a Burns Night, you can organize your own. Maybe this coming weekend. I went to a Burns Night last weekend. I am on a waiting list for another this weekend.

Did you see the animation made from a cast of Burns' skull? I thought it looked odd, with cheeks so red. Then I saw the portrait of Burns.

I remembered passing a pub with a Scottish name, Wee Bairn, meaning small child.

Useful website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42792795 (3D animation of Burns reading a poem.)
https://untappd.com/b/raindogs-brewing-company-wee-bairn-bitter/145738

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: