Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Aloe vera drink

I was very interested in trying this aloe vera drink because aloe vera had been growing, thriving, on a balcony in the tropical heat. We didn't find the gooey texture nor the bland taste appealing but we had read that you can liquidise it and use it in drinks. The liquidiser solves the texture problem. What about the flavour?

The commercially produced drink was very pleasant, sweet yet refreshing. Reading the list of ingredients, on a second tasting 24 hours after i had first opened the carton,i wondered whether the major flavour and appeal came from the cane juice. Or was it the barely perceptible coconut? Whatever.
I found it even better the second time around. That often applies to food, too. I suspect the reason is connected to the drying out of the food intensifying the flavour.
I am sure aloe vera drink will become one of my favourites.

No comments: