Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, June 18, 2018

Learning and Recognising Numbers And Placenames From Mandarin Chinese Signs On Singapore's MRT

Problem
I was learning the Chinese (Mandarin) symbols for numbers, with only the number one to three and ten fixed in my mind. How can I learn more words easily, with repetition?

Answer
Then I spotted Sixth Avenue in English on the MRT Downtown line and recognized the number six in Chinese!

Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Japanese
The symbols are the same in Japanese. Like non-smoking symbols, the words are different in each language but the signs are the same.)

Useful Websites
amazon
ebay

Mutafa Centre, Singapore
They have several pages which come up. I looked for and clicked on the floor plan.
I got a blank screen, but after a minute the floor plan map loaded up
http://www.mustafa.com.sg/mustafalocationmap/
Nearest MRT stations are Farrer Park and Little India.

How To Remember Zero To Ten In Chinese With Jenny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ow3SXtz5i4 

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and phtographer, learner and teacher of English and other languages.

No comments: