![]() |
| Gewurztraminer grapes growing in a garden in London October 2019. Photo by Trevor Sharot, wine writer and photographer. Six different grapes were planted on the sunny side of a back garden in England. Yes, England is growing grapes. Gewurztraminer is a German word meaning spicy, a dark skinned full flavoured grape. England has many vineyards and wineries open to the public and producing wines which are sold in UK supermarkets and served in restaurants. Some are award winning wines. I immediately think of the Nyetimber brand and estate which means new wood. ![]() My favourite visits include Denbies. ![]() Wales also has wineries. Scotland has whisky distilleries you can visit. If you want to learn English as a second language, or Welsh or Irish, see Duolingo. ![]() Useful Websites Victoriana Nursery https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Grape_Vines/ top vineyards around the USA https://www.travelandleisure.com/food-drink/wine/best-vineyards-yelp visittheusa.co.uk visitbritain.com visitengland.com https://www.denbies.co.uk/tours-and-experiences/ https://www.denbies.co.uk/events/forthcoming-events/ https://www.denbies.co.uk/ duolingo.com memrise.com https://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-best-vineyards-to-visit.html https://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com/2019/06/english-wine-white-sparkling-rose-and.html About the Author Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Active in Toastmasters International speakers groups. Her husband Trevor is a travel photographer, wine educator and writes about wines. See blog grapedeal. |
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
The Joys of Researching Holidays And Business Trips Using AI I am finding Ask Gemini a miracle, a blessing, a time saver, for researching...
Labels
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Where To See Vines growing in England and Visit Vineyards and distilleries
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment