Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, May 25, 2020

See Oscar Wilde Statues and Quote his Sayings



One of my favourite statues in London is the one of Oscar Wilde.



Tomb of Oscar Wilde. Pere Lachaise Cemetery, Paris, France.

Oscar Wilde tomb, on the left of the photo, has glass arround it for the tributes from fans.

His last words were,
'Either I go, or the curtains go.'

He said to his friend, the painter, Whistler, 'I wish I had said that.'
Whistler replied, 'You will, Oscar, You will.'

On arriving in the USA, asked if he had anything to declare, Wilde replied, 'I have nothing to declare except my genius.'

His other great words were:
I can withstand anything except temptation.

The good end happily. the bad end unhappily. That is what fiction means.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I always travel with my diar. It is good to have somethin sensational to read on the train.


I love to quote Oscar Wilde at writing conferences and in my speeches at Toastmasters International Meetings.

Author Angela Lansbury
Online Toastmasters International Meetings
If you want to learn to speak the Queen's English, or Received Pronunciation. join me at my online toastmasters club,
Braddell Heights Advanced. Wednesdays, 7-9 Singapore time which is seven hours ahead of London, England.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=braddell%20heights%20advanced%20toastmasters
I am also a member of
Singapore Online.9-12 pm, Singapore time, Fridays. I am also a member of
Tampines Changkat Advanced.
Harrovians, Toastmasters Club, London.
Tiarel.toastmasters club, Singapore.

Toastmasters International Find a Club
https://www.toastmasters.org/find-a-club
https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=upSEBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=quick+quotations
lulu.com/shop/angela-lansbury/who-said-what-when/paperback/product

See also
https://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com/2020/05/statues-and-saying-great-authors.html
Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: