Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Amazing and amusing coffees, chocolates and pastries at HorReCa at Expo in Singapore



For sheer amusement, I liked Mootivate. The pun on motivate. and Moo cows. Plus the cartoon cows.




The little coffee waste bin was cute.


More amusement from the Grands Moulins to Paris. Yes, I recognize what looks like an Eiffel Tower frame. Yes, I recognize the word moulin is windmill as in Moulin Rouge, red windmill.


Green House with their simple outline of a house caught my attention. I fancied Pistacchio. 


Green house also had red heart shapes, ruby chocolate and vanilla flavour.


I had had too much sugar. Craigmillar offered reduced sugar. 


Who can resist these sheep, the white made from meringue, or is it sugared almonds.


This Swiss roll is beautifully decorated. But many of the stands were selling catering packs of ingredients. It is up to the chef to add water and then sculpt or use a mould, and decorate with fresh or sugared or syruped fruit.

More hearts. Pale pink. Contrast of raspberry, rosemary sprigs, and blueberries.  Or a Red glaze on a large heart shape cheesecake or layered cake, adorned with raspberries. 

The big surprise for me on a recent visit at the Tanglin Club tea lounge in Singapore, was that the strawberry decoration on a cheescake was not fresh fruit but a chocolate filled soft praline.

I love the chocolate butterflies. What a contrast 

IRCA offered a recipe book.













 

I knew the French chocolate company Valrhona, but the other company names were all new to me.

Useful Websites

Show at Expo:

www.fhaHoReCa.com

Cocoa Powders for chefs, artisans and professionals - coffee flavours:

dezaan.com/en/pro

Recipe book:

https://www.irca.eu/en/recipe/recipe-detail-

https://www.irca.eu/en/company/history

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: