Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Finding your way around the Expo Exhibition or any exhibition hall


Is this how you feel at an exhibition! Day one I carried the guidebook and did not even look at it.
The next day I tried using the map and was confused.

The third day, I was determined to mark my route on the map. The first thing is to turn the map in the right direction, or to turn yourself. Locate the entrance to the hall. Stand facing it, or with your back to it. Pick the biggest nearby stand and locate their number.

Alternatively, start at the nearest doorway and go up and down each aisle. You could do all those on your left and then reverse, or walk along.

You might aim for what interests you first. Or simply stop at stands with live demonstrations, free food, and people who beckon and smile.

I went to a show at Expo. My third show in three months. I downloaded the catalogue in advance but that did not help me much. Most of the companies were seeking representation, so they were not big names like Starbucks. How do I remember which way I went and who I have missed?

It helps to mark your route on the map.

Try to find the exhibition catalogue and have a yellow highlighter to mark your route. That way you can

Mark Your Map

1 Work out which aisles and stands you have missed and route that way on your way out

2 Find your way back to a stand you promised to return to next day

3 Keep track of companies which have different names to the stand owner. For example, coffee maker or oven may be under another umbrella company name. However, they may be under their regional office on the Malaysia stand.

Toilets

Note the toilets with the most cubicles. I saw a long queue (Americans say line) at the ladies in one hall. I happened to recall that another toilet area is the other side of the big wall in the next hall, which was next on my route. I checked with a staff member who was by the bins. She confirmed.

No wait at all at the next area, so no delay, and no standing beside other people breathing in their flue germs or worse.

Avoid having too much coffee or sweet stuff. I felt quite ill by 4 pm and had to go home.  

Useful Websites

www.fhaHoReCa.com

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: