Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Hot to be on time. Marking Your Diary - UK BST Clocks changing in October! Time now and time in other countries.

Clock from Toastmasters tips for success.



Don't get caught out. Have all the year's important time changes marked in your diary.

At 2 a.m. on the last Sunday in October the clocks change in the UK.
 Remember the American mnemonic (Greek for memory aid): Spring forward, fall back. North America, the USA and Canada, Europe and the UK, and any islands on daylight savings time which co-ordinates
My UK diary marks, British summer time ends, but in very small print.
I have made a diary note of the time zones for 24 hours between the UK and Singapore. I could do the same for the US and the USA. Or any other two countries.  I found an unused page in January and write the two sets of times. Than on the front cover's inside page I noted where in my diary to find the time chart.

So many quotations talk about time.

Spring forward, fall back.
Time and tide wait for no man. 
Better late than never, but better never late.

No comments: