Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
Labels
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
The best thing after wine at the wine show, water and food
I had taken the precaution of packing my own snack. To prevent low blood sugar or getting too drunk. Despite all the spitting in spittoon I soon felt the need for fresh water and food. See my previous post on the excellent bottled water called Antipodes. After I ate some of my own food, I spotted a perambulating tray of snacks. They soon got snapped up by those standing near the entrance to the show. Later, after the Masterclasses, I went back into the main hall. This was the after work time when the event, previously for the trade, sommeliers, and distributors, like my family, had finished talking shop, and the paying customers were in. One man who had been working late, confided, "I arrived late and I regret not rushing over earlier because some of the stalls had already closed before I had time to reach all of them." He told me he had paid 40 Singapore dollars for a platter of cold meats and cheeses and walnuts and grapes. "It was more than enough for myself and my wife," he said, so he had to find a way of taking home the leftovers as the show seemed to be on the verge of closing. I thought the food was good, healthy and varied. I would have liked to see bread at the start of the show rather than the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment