Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The best thing after wine at the wine show, water and food

I had taken the precaution of packing my own snack. To prevent low blood sugar or getting too drunk. Despite all the spitting in spittoon I soon felt the need for fresh water and food. See my previous post on the excellent bottled water called Antipodes.  After I ate some of my own food, I spotted a perambulating tray of snacks. They soon got snapped up by those standing near the entrance to the show.  Later, after the Masterclasses, I went back into the main hall. This was the after work time when the event, previously for the trade, sommeliers, and distributors, like my family, had finished talking shop, and the paying customers were in. One man who had been working late, confided, "I arrived late and I regret not rushing over earlier because some of the stalls had already closed before I had time to reach all of them." He told me he had paid 40 Singapore dollars for a platter of cold meats and cheeses and walnuts and grapes. "It was more than enough for myself and my wife," he said, so he had to find a way of taking home the leftovers as the show seemed to be on the verge of closing. I thought the food was good, healthy and varied. I would have liked to see bread at the start of the show rather than the end.

No comments: