Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Dried mulberry you can eat

This is an amusing snack from China. A little packet of dried mulberry. Not just for silk worms. We used to have mulberry bushes in England. I remember the nursery rhyme. It starts, Here we go round the mulberry bush ...
 The mulberry Bush currants were interesting, a bit like very tiny black currants. The teeny pack is enough of a snack to keep you going between lunch and dinner time.
When I went to rinse out my mouth, they left lots of tiny black bits. If you have teeth like mine.
The people who gave me the packet at ProWine in Singapore were there looking for distributors. They were such nice people. Even after I explained I was not a distributor, but a blogger, and blogger and retail buyer of fòod and wine, they were still full of polite smiles and insisted on giving me a little packet to taste and bowed and thanked me for stopping. 
What is in it for the consumer? For the traveller, something in your pocket in case of delays in boarding. And lots of small portion control snacks, protectively wrapped, could be useful for hiking. 
At home, working from home, for the dieter.
Or even in the take home party bag for adults or in a wedding bag as a novelty.
I must confess dried mulberry is still just a novelty for me. 
The mini packet I really liked was a total mystery to me. This one also labelled number one.
 I shall put it on Facebook and see if anybody can tell me what it is. 
Such a shame the mulberry cannot be turned into silk. But I seem to remember that you could use the Bush fruits for eating whilst sharing the leaves with the silk worms. I should have kept a dried mulberry and planted it in the hope of growing a bush.

No comments: