Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, June 30, 2023

Albania's Hotel Airport Tirana: for the best bouillabaise, and berry ice cream

 A group of us gathered here for dinner, with some catching planes in the early hours of the morning. Our friends were at three different airport hotels. We were staying at the Crown Hotel in central tirana, the capital city, for another couple of days.

My husband ordered the bouillabaisse. He was pleasantly surprised by the tastiness and quality. The famous French dish is a cross between a soup and a casserole. It might have any firm fish at its centre, with assorted shellfish surrounding it. 

He says, 'It was good. The fish was solid. An authentic bouillabaisse would also have croutons floating, and a garlic mayonnaise on the croutons. This lacked the croutons and mayonnaise. Despite that, it was just perfect, one of the best dishes I had in Albania.

That was a surprise. I had not expected much of the airport hotel. And we had just had a fabulous lunch at the Crown Hotel, ending with free chocolates in assorted colours.

I ended my meal with ice cream. The restaurant had a cart containing assorted ice creams. 

Ice creams. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


The other diners ordered one scoop. Those who ordered vanilla were not excited by it. 

I ordered three. Mainly to try the flavours and find what worked well. The mixed berry was definitely the best, with the most flavour. I also had lemon and chocolate, which were okay, nothing special. I recommend the mixed berries.

No comments: