Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Medaur Winery in Koplik, near Shkroder, North Albania (downhill from Theth)

 My hsuband Trevor oganized a group trip to Meduar Winery in Koplik, on the plain below the the Balkan mountains in the north of Albania.

The name of the place is Kantina Medaur. Kantina is Albanian for wintery.

We had emailed to make the arrangements some weeks in advance.

We started with the optional tour of the giant vats where all was explained. 

The winery was well prepared for our visit. In front of the racks of wine bottles were plates of cheese and nibbles.



 I asked for water and they raced to provide it. We were all standing. Eventually I asked for a chair and that was quickly produced.

The toilet for visitors turned out to be with in the next door builings. Quiate a long walk. But it turned out to be a blessing. We ended up in the factory or aromatic items next door. A siling member of staff bought me a handful of aromatic herbs to put in my pocket. 

On the way home we passed lavender fields. 

My regret was that we had not gone earlier and allowed time to visit the aromatics factory next door.

No comments: