Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 8, 2024

Art show - where I met artists and bought from three - moral - go with the flow

I relunctantly come to an art show, suggested a relative. I had no desire to buy more pictures. My walls are full. However, to huour her, we decided to go with the flow and go along. I am so pleased I did. The welcome sign in desk included a free chocolate, left over from another event earlier in the day, and a free pen from a charity.

My first purchase was a lovely pendant.




My second purchase was a sequinned hat.

Angela wearing hat bought at the art show.

This hat was a success. 

Recycling

The artist is into recycling. Baked bean tins covered in glitter. You would never know they started life as tins. Ingenious. Inventive. Cost-effective. Environmentally friendly. Providing a service. Setting a good example.

DIY

I later looked online to see what I could find and make in a similar style. I could buy a white hat from China. But last time I bought a pink cowgirl hat, it arrived out of shape from the packaging being bashed. 

I found another stand selling even smarter hats in silk, other styles, such as one amusing beret. However, it didn't suit me. 

Angela in brightly coloured beret. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

So I made a note that the dearer stand seller was for special occasions. Meanwhile, I was happy with my purchase which matched my blue coat.


Special Soaps

My third and last purchase was a box of broken soaps, different colours and aromas, for five pounds. I was interested in lemon grass. Other flavours, or rather aromas, in the mixed boxes, included lavender, and mint, and cinnamon.


Dhana self care soaps. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Full price soap sets


 I also admired several more expensive items.

A wonderful painting of scenery with a gold paint sky.

By Jael Contact 

info@yaelfineart.com

+44 75105 97176

Please share links to your favourite posts

and follow me.


Paintings by Chana  Artist. 

I would have liked a catalogue with the name of the artists, or a list on the board or a website.

Paintings which turned out to be copies of photos, composed of nails on white background.

Colourful hats.

Memorable Artists

They are all in the north London Finchley area.

Pendants ten pounds.

1 Pendants by Martine Meyer.

Colourful bowls by Ruth White.

Dhana Self care soaps


No comments: