Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Easy German and Immersive German and hotel requiests.

 I and two friends are all learning German. I am using Duolingo. One of my friend who has a German speaking parent has his laptop and phone set to German.

Some easy new words I have learned


German - English

altmodisch - old fashioned

modern - modern


More Challenging German - English

Anzug - suit

eng - tight / close (for clothes, think engaging)


More Challenging English - German

English - German

modern - modern

old-fashioned - altmodisch (remember to use s c h  not sh nor ch)

suit - Anzug


Words which I might find useful in a hotel


der Teppich - carpet

der Boden the floor die Decke the ceiling das Fenster - the window lautes Zimmer noisy room ruhiges Zimmer quiet room größeres Zimmer big room kleines Zimmer small room Zimmer mit Doppelbett Room with a double bed Zimmer mit zwei Einzelbetten room with twin beds

Fleck auf dem Teppich - stain on the carpet Kakerlake im Badezimmer cockroach in the bathroom Spinnwebe an der Decke cobweb on the ceiling Spinne am Fenster - spider on the window eine Fliege - a fly eine Mücke - a mosquito Ich brauche Fliegenspray - I need a flyspray Haben Sie etwas gegen Insektenstiche? - do you have sting relief

Ein Zimmer mit schöner Aussicht - a room with a better view Blick auf den Swimming pool - a view of the swimming pool Weniger Verkehrslärm - less traffic noise

Useful Websites

duolingo.com

translate Google

  Where can you learn and practise speaking German? 

Flag of Germany


Flag of Austria

Flag of Switzerland

You can use German in Germany, Austria and German-speaking parts of Switzerland.  Also Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, and parts of Belgium and Italy.

Flag of Luxembourg.


Flag of Liechtenstein.

-ends-

Please follow my blogs on travel, dress of the day, and comical poetry. Share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: