Flag of the international language, Interlingua. From Wikipedia.
Now German sounds like English
Italian sounds like Spanish
And Latin sounds like Greek
Although some old words vanish
Brand name bring them back
To remind us of words we lack
A gurtel is a girdle
A krawatte is a tie
So many words like English
Have you ever wondered why?
We have words which come from Latin
And words which come from Greek
And the French say le weekend
What a helpful way to speak
Some words are international
I'm sure you know them well
There's computer, and taxi
And menu, whisky, and hotel
Interlingua is a language
Made of words which are well known
But Esperanto sticks to simple rules
Is widely spoken, better known
I want to be bilingual
So I practise every day
At least I can understand and nod
On my next holiday.
-ends-
Useful Websites On International Words
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlingua
Esperanto
Duolingo.com
ends-
Please share links to your favourite posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment