Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Wine tasting lunch promoting Saint-Emilion wines was wonderful, but what else could organizers add?


Cheese and biscuits.


We enjoyed a wonderful wine event at an Oxford college. 

Why would I offer feedback? Because it was not free, I paid to attend. 

Amazon and Ebay ask for my feedback on goods I buy. Tripadvisor wants feedback. Restaurants have signs asking customers to give feedback.

I am used to giving feedback. So why not give the organizers the benefit of my free feedback? What could they add?

1 Parking Directions Are Needed

Firstly, give those attending information on parking.

2 Leftovers Containers Are Needed

The food was wonderful. But I am on a diet. I am a small person. I could not eat all of the food.

The drink was wonderful. But my husband was driving. He could not drink all of the glasses of wine.

So, secondly, provide take home doggie bags for food, plus capsules for leftover drink. In the USA restaurants routinely provide doggie bags which advertise the restaurant name. In Spain in the Canary islands this year, 2026, the paradors, government founded hotels, issued texts on menus asking customers to take away food and contribute to combatting wastage and pollution.

3 Spell the Names of Guests Correctly

Everything else was wonderful. What was great? 

Champagne outdoors on the lawn. A chance to walk around in the sunshine displaying our hats, and meeting people.

Seating Plan

No chaotic free seating. I have been at other events where cliques sat together ignoring newcomers. Husbands and wives could not find two seats at the same table. Latecomers who could not find the room, felt doubly foolish, sat alone at tables with empty chairs.

At today's wine tasting lunch, guests were placed alongside people they knew, or had something in common with. A newcomer was placed alongside a chatty person.  

A printed seating plan we could photograph to remember the names of the people we sat next to.

Coffee And Chocolates

Foil-wrapped mint chocolate was offered with the coffee. 

Thanks

A short speech at the end thanked the organizers. 

I recently attended another dinner and asked a regular guest, 'Who is going to give a vote of thanks?' 

He replied, 'We don't usually do that.'

I replied, 'Why not? If you are not going to do it, I will.'

-ends-

Useful Websites

https://bordeauxwinevacations.com/bordeaux-wine-tours/

Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: