Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, August 1, 2026

German - easy words, and harder words

At night when I lie down in bed I close my eyes but imagine my room and describe it in German.  

Easy German - English words

Bett - bed

Hotel - hotel

insekt - insect

Kamm - comb

Rasierer - razor

Rollo - roller blind

Rosen - rose

Tag - day 

Teppich - carpet

Vorhang - curtain (plural Vorhange, put two dots over the a to make it sound like e)

Zahnpasta - toothepaste


Easy English - German

bed - Bett

carpet - teppich

comb - Kamm

curtain - Vorhang

dessert - Nachtish (after dish, next dish)

hotel - Hotel

insect - Insekt

rose - Rosen

toothpaste - Zahnpasta


More Advanced Words

German - English

Kissen - pillow 

Jalousie - Venetian blind


English - German 

pillow - kissen

razor - rasieren

Venetian blind - Jalousie (not jealousy)


After that I imagine asking a hotel for a bedroom for the night.

English - German

I am allergic to feathers

I am allergic to shellfish

air conditioning

breakfast

breakfast room

desk chair

dining room

dining chair - esszimmer

double bed - Doppelbett

evening dinner

guest house

quiet - ruhig

heating

Hotel - hotel

how much is it/does it cost

large room

space

suitcase stand

toilet - Toilette

ladies' toilet

Lunch - Mittagessen (mid-day-to eat)


Useful English-German websites


duolingo.com
https://wikitravel.org/en/German_phrasebook

translate.google.com

No comments: