Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 17, 2026

Seating at Large Meetings, Events and Conference Halls

Seating Position At Meetings

I sit in the front row at most events. I am short so I don't want to sit behind somebody taller who blocks my view of the slides and the speaker.

Sitting at the front

I sit at the front to hear better. At the front you can also lipread. I am not an official, trained lipreader. But, like most people, I can recognize a few well known words. 

For example, if you were in a car, you would recognize another, angry drier mouthing F... O..f  The teeth on the lower lips show the letter f. Both words are one syllable. The head nods to emphasize.  The head goes forward aggressively. The eyes are open wide, but the mouth is not smiling.

In the same way, you could recognize from a distance, a child or adult shouting Bye, bye, as they wave goodbye.

And the lip movement helps you to guess other words. 

Watching the speaker makes me concentrate. I am easily distracted by my own side thoughts. Watching the speaker helps me to pay attention.

 


 

No comments: