Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 17, 2026

Personality Types In Conferences And Life

 

Aside On  Personality Types

I bring to any event my previous knowledge. As a teacher, on the Myers Briggs personality type, I have four letters which are the initials of characteristics. I am an ENFP.  A typical teacher is an E for extravert. Wearing bright colours and chatty, loose clothes. 

Then N, basically an academic, a reader rather than a doer. So I have a kitchen full of cookery books but don't cook. 

F for feeler, making decisions based on feelings rather than logical judgement. An accountant, looking at declining sales figures in November, would dismiss staff. A feeler would say you can't do that just before Christmas. 

Finally, P. I use the word Procrastinator. Always late. Busy with a creative task. Arrives late and stays late, talking, then late for the next event, the last of which is going to bed. 

No comments: