Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Good News - I Found A Used Version Of The Travel Lipstick Lost At Heathrow

Problem
I lost my YSL lipstick with brush at Heathrow. When I lose something I'm like a child with a popped balloon.

Answer
But there's a difference. Now that I am an adult, if I get another balloon, exactly the same, just a different colour, I am happy.

When my car was a write off after another vehicle rear-ended me on the motorway, I was depressed, until I got another car, same make and model, same colour.




I have just found an old double lipstick with brush like the one lost at security at Heathrow.  One side is nearly empty. So is the other side. But the brush and mirror still work. I am so happy.

Lost and Found Departments
I still think that to dispose of items after three months is not right. Many people travel overseas for three months or more. You might not pass through the airport again for another year.

Safety Of Using Old Lipsticks
You should not be using lipsticks and eyeshadows more than 3 months after issue, some people say. The reason is because the ingredients go rancid. In addition, the bacteria from your mouth and skin will multiply.

Will YSL Re-Issue Lipsticks With Built In Brushes
I have asked YLS if they would consider re-issuing these nifty lipsticks. But they have no plans to do so. That's a pity. I thought they were great. I liked them so much I bought two.

Sold Off?
I was hoping mine would be found and sold on ebay if it was found, even if it was past its sell by date. I've looked and no such luck.

Copy Cat Products
One last possibility. Maybe some entrepreneur, maybe in Asia, will say, that's a great idea. If YSL does not want to produce them, we could make something similar.

Double Lipsticks For Travellers
To save space, the nearest items travellers can buy are double colour lipsticks. They have  different colours at each end with two lipstick caps, one at each end.

Lipstick Cases
You can also buy a lipstick case with a mirror in the lid to hold a lipstick. However, it has to be a narrow lipstick to fit the case.

They come in pretty colours, but they are bulky and heavy. No brush. Unless you can find a tiny brush from an eye shadow box.

Learn From My Loss
Don't Put Any item of value, even sentimental value, through a security machine in a little see-through plastic bag.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: