Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Which Seat To Pick On A Plane?

Problem
Which seat to pick? Problem - they've given you the middle seat!

Answer
I was on a daytime flight to London. On check-in we discovered I had the middle seat. It didn't matter whose fault it was. they were not going to upgrade me to first class. Nor were they able to change my seat. The plane was full.

I had no choice. It was a case of go with the flow.

Advantages of Window seats
You can photograph the view. You can lean against the window to sleep.

Advantages of Aisle Seats
Aisle seats make it easier to get up, stretch your legs and go to the toilet or go to ask for a glass of water. Aisle seats make it easier to hail a passing flight attendant for something to eat. Aisles seats make it easier to find your way back to your seat.

Being in the middle of three gives you two people to talk to, doubles your chances of making a friend. I found myself sitting next to a fellow toastmaster.

Being in the middle of the central bank of seats is better than being by the window of the two some or  three some by the window. With two people either side having the aisle seats, you have double the chances of getting up when their seat is empty to go to the toilet.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share posts.


No comments: