Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Lost tickets, passports, suitcase?

Problem
Where did I put it?

Answer
Photograph items put in the attic. or hidden in suitcases.

You need a file called Where is it? Write in it location of everything from Xmas gifts and Birthday presents, hospital appointments, exam locations, spare keys, wedding invitation reply cards, black plastic bag bin liners, hoover bags, potato peelers, corkscrews.

Suitcase keys and locks should stay on the suitcase.

Email yourself copies of everything: your passport, your tickets, the hotel where you will be staying. Your travel insurance. Your skis. Your goggles.

Stories
What have I lost?:
LOST PASSPORTS (4)
1 A passport left behind on my way to a ferry from the UK to France. I was too busy distracted packing the picnic for the journey to think about the vital passport.
2 The passport lost in the drawer, hidden in a free silver passport cover which was a free gift from a magazine.
3 My passport left behind at security in the USA. I got on the plane and realised I had no passport.
4 My passport stolen in a travel bag.
LIPSTICKS & MEDICINE
4 My lipsticks at security in Heathrow. The medicine in the same see-through bag.
A SWIMMING HAT
5 I was wrongly accused of theft by a French woman in Greece who saw me wearing the same hat as the one she had lost. She grabbed it from me and shirked that it was hers. After her friend pointed out that the hat was lost several days ago, and I had only arrive fifteen minutes ago on a bus, it was clear that I was not the case of her loss. I just happened to have bought the same popular swim hat, but not lost mine. I keep my swim hat in my gym kit bag or the pocket of my wrap around towel dress.
6 SPECTACLES
I can't drive without my spectacles so I must not lose them. If I go into the bathroom and remove them to wash my face or take a shower, I place them on the lid of the toilet. They are visible along against the white surface, easy to check or ask somebody else to look. Next time I go to the bathroom, or anybody else uses the toilet, my glasses will be found.

LOST INFORMATION Forward a copy of your destination address and your insurance company to your travelling companions and the family left at home. That way they can find you, and you can find items by phoning home and asking them to check the location.

Author
Angela Lansbury author of How to Get Out of the Mess You're In.  (Altogether twenty books.) See books on Lulu.com ; Amazon.com

More Posts
See my other posts on

Lost Cars at Airports
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/losing-your-car-at-airport-what-to-do.html

Lost Buttons
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/buttons-for-travelling.html

Lost Passports, A Lost Cruise Ship
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/trackers-to-help-find-your-passport-and.html

Getting lost in a temple in Cambodia
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/how-to-get-lost-and-found-in-cambodian.html

Lost Keys
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/problem-how-do-you-find-your-lost-keys.html

Lost Pens
http://travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/how-to-find-lost-pens.html
Please share posts.

No comments: