Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Typing Romanian Characters



Problem
How do you type Romanian accents? I want to learn the accents so I can speak without an accent. The way to do that is to learn Romanian from Duolingo and click on the sound symbol. I remember to do that, more often than I remember to click on the sound symbol in Google translate or Wikipedia.

Answers
I typed into Google How do I find Romanian keyboards and found this site
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794

Google and Keyboards
The page on the laptop screen showed the Romanian keyboard, and many other languages in faint grey and could not be copied in cut and past, although I could have photographed it with an iPhone, mine, or somebody else's if I and a friend got together, in a kitchen or study at home, or an office or public meeting, and one had a laptop and another had a mobile phone.

I could also print it off to show a waiter or waitress in a restaurant or a receptionist or somebody sitting next to me on the plane to Romania.

Accents in Wikipedia
Next step is to look for Romanian accents in Wikipedia. I should have done a post on this at the start. I shall look back and copy some of the contents.

www.romaniatourism.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, English teacher and learner of languages. 

No comments: