Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Researching Travel to Romania: Its Landmarks, Attractions and Heroes



Problem
What to see and where to go in Romania?

Answers

Story
I started talking to a neighbour in London, England, whom I hadn't seen for some time.

He asked, "Where have you been?'

I replied, "I've been to Cambodia."

He looked blank.

So I asked, "Where have you been?"

He replied: "I went to India, to a colleague's friend's wedding, then on to Goa, which has wonderful beaches."

"Uh-huh." sighed. As a last ditch attempt to make conversation, not expecting any success, I said, "I'm going to Romania."

Romania and Turda
"I've been there, too!" he enthused. "Another colleague's wedding. Then we went down the Salt Mine at T u r d a. Underground it's like a theme park. Yet, you enter through a little door in the side of a mountain, not expecting anything."

"Like the Piped Piper!" I went home to research the town of T u r d a on TripAdvisor. (I inserted spaces in case the automatic spell checker was lurking, lying in wait. When a word goes red, that's a red light for this word is about to be changed. Watch it.)

After TripAdvisor I turned to Wikipedia and Wikitravel.

I discovered that famous Romanians include Ionesco, the playwright, who lived in France and was buried in Montparnasse Cemetery in Paris.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Romania

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, photographer, author, speaker.

No comments: