Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Islamic Restaurant, Desker Road branch

 Islamic Restaurant

We had mutton biriani.

Dried Fruit Bread

 I chose a stuffed bread. In the UK I like stuffed paratha with a coconut or almond stuffing. Here I was offered a naan bread with fruit. The fruit was dried peel, not to my liking.

Pink Drink 

The rose badung, a pink drink, a long drink with ice, provided the liquid I needed. I have had it before. I like it. 

 I like to try new things.

Semolina Cake

 This time suki cake. It is semolina. It was dry and gritty. No flavour. Not lemon nor syrup. Hm, Maybe I would get to like it, or would like it with coffee. It could be an acquired taste. I might acquire a taste for it one day.

I had to try suji cake, semolina cake. Recipes say it is made from yogurt and semolina flour. A quick cake. It can also be spelled Sooji. 

Delightful Decor

The main joy of the place was the red decor.


The window table gave me a backdrop of red curtains. 


The light fittings were draped with strings of glass baubles.

I told my husband about my forays into the two restaurants. He said, "Desker Road was a notorious red light district."

No comments: