Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Writing A Song On A Plane

Singapore Airlines has Country Music in its on board entertainment. One of the most prolific songwriters is Dolly Parton. On the plane you can save your favourite songs in your playlist.
I was too tired to get the hang of this and instead photographed the lists of songs by my favourite singers. 





Dolly Parton. Photo from Wikipedia.

I was listening to a country music song on a Singapore Airlines plane and wrote this:

I wish I had met you
20 years ago
If I had known then
What I know now
I'd have kept you close
And never let you go.

It might have started
But who says it would last
No point in wondering
Wanting to rewrite the past

Maybe it would have worked
Maybe it wouldn't last
No point in dreaming
We might(can't) rewrite the past.

That's why I laugh
When I say
I wish I had met you 2 years ago (not today)

If only I had known
The way that things would go
The way that you would grow
The way that I would go

But what could I know?
Nobody could know
We simply go and laugh
You can't rewrite the past

It's just a compliment
But (one) I really meant
I wish I had met you twenty years ago.

Now you're a friend of mine
In 20 years time
Maybe you'll remember and say
I wish I had met you
Twenty years ago

Oh no No No
No way, no way
May you still be young enough to think
And say - forty years ago.
-Ends-
Angela Lansbury copyright 3023 Dec 14

Useful Websites

Please share links to this post and your favourite posts.




No comments: