Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Xmas clothes for an Xmas theme Toastmasters International club meeting

Harrovians Xmas club meeting 2023. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
 

Harrovians Toastmasters Club in Harrow, London. 

Years ago I would not have bought a season outfit. Waste of money as you only wear it once to a party. Too twee.

Might offend non-Christian friends.

Then, one year I saw one in a sale. When asked to dress in Xmas theme, I can oblige. 

In theory I should keep it in a suitcase up in the attic or an outroom such as a store room, maid's room, scullery/utility room.  The suitcase would be labelled Xmas with a all the decorations. 

However, I tend to keep most things out. This works well if you want to find it in a hurry. I did. iwent to my cupborad of thick woolly jumpers and found it immeditely on the top of the pile.

 Red skirt

A black skirt would do, but a red skirt is jolly. Luckily I have several. I pulled out a red skirt. EWM Pure Classics Size 14. 49% linen. 45%  viscose. 6% cotton. Keep away from fire. It looks thick, but isn't. It is lightweight, which is comfortable to wear, but not very warm in winter. 

So, for extra warmth, I am wearing a black underslip, and orange stretch velvet look tracksuit bottoms.

Remove belt before washing. 

White Blouse

100 % polyester. Wash at 30 degrees C. It has  8 front buttons plus one on each cuff, total ten. 

Xmas Pattern Jumper

Label F & F. That's the Tesco label.

Useful Websites

My blog on labels.

Amazon xmas tops.

No comments: