Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Are You Messaging people who are asleep in Asia?

Problem
Every day I open emails from the USA which warn, 'this will be gone in four hours!' By the time I open the email newsletter message, it's time to delete it.

If you are running a campaign, decide whether you want to reach a worldwide audience. You might well want to speak to night owls, insomniacs, sleepless souls.

However, if you can, separate your mailings, or offer a choice of dates. If I am in Britain, Europe, Asia, Africa, or Australia, I don't want to sign up for video live calls in the middle of the night.

I am inundeated with emails from people who think I have a problem (I do - too many emails). They know how I can focus and make more money. (Yes, by getting enough sleep and not responding to messages out of sync with my clock.)

Urgent, they scream. Why did you not reply, they ask. If you don't reply in the next four hours you will miss it, they warn. Yes, I did.

If you want overseas readers and responders, allow your overseas readers a chance to reply when they are awake.

Those people who can afford to pay are probably at work.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: