Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Newton Centre Photo


As you can see, despite the upgrade in 2016, it is still fairly basic with backless stools. I was surprised to discover that the place was upgraded in 2016 because my first thought was, this place could do with an upgrade!

Many people like to see the indoor and outdoor hawker centres and consider them the real Singapore. favourite foods are chicken rice and fish head or fish head curry.

Make sure you have ascertained prices in advance, especially for seafood as foreigners have been charged not just more than locals but huge amounts. I try to get locals to order for me. (Not those loitering around, who are relatives or employees of the nearby stall.)

I look for listed prices. One stall had colourful pictures of fruit drinks and the prices listed.


The place had some nice Chinese touches, such as the red Chinese lanterns overhead.


Useful Websites

Author, Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. See my previous post on sugar cane juice.

No comments: