1) A boy died jumping into a weir. Others had encouraged him to jump in.
2) The friend who went to save him was nearly pulled under and had to let go.
That always happens. You need training in life saving. You have to get behind the person and tow them back to the side. Unless you are a six foot man rescuing a baby, if you are in front of them they hang their arms around your neck and their weight pulls you under. (If you are similar size.) I learned that when I tried to rescue my mother in a swimming pool.
3) To a teenager Mum and Dad warning you not to do something is just parents fussing about anything and everything. A notice saying Danger or listing fatalities on weirs would look more independent and be taken more seriously.
4) Is it a criminal offence to encourage somebody to try a dangerous activity?
If not, it should be.
5) If you had a sign warning danger, then people who are likely to be swayed by others might be influenced by the sign.
6) Do schools run any campaigns in their citizenship courses in health and safety and local areas? If not, they should.
Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment