Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Monday, March 4, 2013
Safety, sharks and beaches
Shocked to hear of Mr Adam Strange's death in early 2013 at the beach near Auckland, New Zealand. Holding a funeral on a beach explains why the family went back. But my first reaction was that I don't think going back to a beach where somebody has just been killed is brave; it is recklessly endangering others and yourself and your own children.
Don't people learn. 139 attacks by sharks, 29 fatal. (NZ or worldwide?)
Swim in a swimming pool or on a beach which has a net across the 'harbour' entrance.
Shouldn't beaches have a safety number? If somebody has been killed the number is zero.
It seems they had lots of safety help, lifeguards, police helicopters firing, but still could not save the man.
Time for somebody to invent something new, such as swimming pools with tough barriers which float in the sea using sea water with walls against fish so they cannot see or smell or reach the people inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment