Travel worldwide: UK; hotels; restaurants; museums; vineyards; factory tours; learning languages.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
How many places you have visited have their names given to famous people? I remember as a schoolchild learning that Florence Nightingale wa...
-
Timberlab in the Netherlands makes seats, lights and fences. They use sustainable wood. The benches are entirely wood, no metal nails, nor ...
-
Singapore flag See Singapore by state-of-the-art MRT, on driverless trains. Maps of Downtown Line At Cashew MRT station, one stop ...
-
I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking: how would you create an emergency sewing needle? I had in front of me on the table a sewing ki...
-
Selfie with the Queen at a shop selling all things British at the airport. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. Problem Where should...
-
ISBN The ISBN number, short for International Standard Book Identifier is the 13 digit book order code which gives the country, publisher,...
-
Benjamin Disraeli, Queen Victoria's favourite MP, and Prime Minister, said: 'When I want to read a book, I write one.' I am the...
-
My first thoughts were of the author Israel Zangwill. Then of many American stars called Jordan. I did a little research with the help of ...
-
Korean flag. What connection do you and I have with Asia? Many of my clothes are made in China. Today I have eaten sushi from Japan and soy ...
-
I have visited fifty countries. My family have had homes in the UK, the USA, Spain, and Singapore. We have had au pair girls living with u...
Labels
Friday, March 29, 2013
Ghost horrors - could it be squatters, squirrels or failing sight?
A UK hotelier told me he used to get complaints of chills from 'ghosts'. After he double-glazed the bedrooms the complaints stopped.
I just read a report about the Amityville horror ghosts in the USA. Here are my suggestions:
1 Unsettling smile: eyes don't smile: a) speaker is lying or b) writer/reporter is trying to imply it without being sued.
2 I often see 'ghosts'. I look slowly and see movement reflecting myself moving on the inside of spectacles, or in a window/ mirror. Car headlights shining through the window can flash/make shadows and wake you.
3 Noise: spider/ gecko tips objects. Subsidence.
4 Falling objects: stack cupboards/ shelves carefully.
5 Cold? Draught-proof.
6 Vibrations. You live above/ near railway lines/ earthquake fault lines. Pictures fall. (Crash and jolt like somebody shoving my bed happened to me in the UK - next morning newspapers reported an earthquake. Common in west coast USA.)
7 Footsteps: mice, squirrels, rats, pigeons. Call exterminators. Squatter/stalker/burglar.
8 Immigrant/ex in attic! Happened in UK. Illegal immigrants got into an empty end of terrace house. They made holes through all the attic walls. Burgled at night. When a family reported a burglary with no sign of forced entry, an attic search was made. One person or trace of them was caught, plus holes in panels to other attics.
9 Beams have dry rot. Without carpets sounds are magnified, especially in the silent night.
10 Seeing any 'ghost' figure wearing hats, or monsters with 'large heads' is retained blurred negative image in out of focus eyes. Well-known to opticians. Recorded in optical journals. (I read an account in a journal saved by my father, an optician.) Get eyes tested. If problem's slight, it's deteriorating sight; you're not nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment