Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, March 29, 2013

Ghost horrors - could it be squatters, squirrels or failing sight?


A UK hotelier told me he used to get complaints of chills from 'ghosts'. After he double-glazed the bedrooms the complaints stopped.
I just read a report about the Amityville horror ghosts in the USA. Here are my suggestions:
1 Unsettling smile: eyes don't smile: a) speaker is lying or b) writer/reporter is trying to imply it without being sued.
2 I often see 'ghosts'. I look slowly and see movement reflecting myself moving on the inside of spectacles, or in a window/ mirror. Car headlights shining through the window can flash/make shadows and wake you.
3 Noise: spider/ gecko tips objects. Subsidence.
4 Falling objects: stack cupboards/ shelves carefully.
5 Cold? Draught-proof.
6 Vibrations. You live above/ near railway lines/ earthquake fault lines. Pictures fall. (Crash and jolt like somebody shoving my bed happened to me in the UK - next morning newspapers reported an earthquake. Common in west coast USA.)
7 Footsteps: mice, squirrels, rats, pigeons. Call exterminators. Squatter/stalker/burglar.
8 Immigrant/ex in attic! Happened in UK. Illegal immigrants got into an empty end of terrace house. They  made holes through all the attic walls. Burgled at night. When a family reported a burglary with no sign of forced entry, an attic search was made. One person or trace of them was caught, plus holes in panels to other attics.
9 Beams have dry rot. Without carpets sounds are magnified, especially in the silent night.
10 Seeing any 'ghost' figure wearing hats, or monsters with 'large heads' is retained blurred negative image in out of focus eyes. Well-known to opticians. Recorded in optical journals. (I read an account in a journal saved by my father, an optician.) Get eyes tested. If problem's slight, it's deteriorating sight; you're not nuts.

No comments: