Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Teeth For All - But Not Yet

Great news from Kings College, London, dental department. New teeth, and fillings which match - 'all my own teeth' for all. Not yet - but they are researching it. Using mouse teeth which don't stop growing. So I can grind my teeth at night without wearing them down. Grr!
But I can't understand why they aren't checking out how we grow a second set of teeth and how sharks grow up to six sets. I'd settle for a third set - but only if they grew quickly. You don't want adults to have all their teeth falling out before they grow a new set. Yes, new teeth will be expensive at first. So are most new must haves. A year or two later the demand is great so you get economies of scale, people willing to invest money in factories, then the price comes down so the desired object is affordable as a luxury and eventually mass produced.

No comments: