Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Popular Paintings - Make Me Blue

The portrait of the lady with the blue face, said to be the most reproduced painting in the world, has been bought by a diamond millionaire for display in South Africa. the sitter is not smiling nor even looking at the painter/viewer. Would you want to have lunch with her?
I can understand that people posing for oil paintings can't keep up a fixed smile for hours. But nowadays we have photos. You can take a photo and draw a sketch from it. If that's what millionaires are prepared to pay for, I'm prepared to draw an unsmiling face and add a blue complexion - a lot easier than trying to match a real facial colour. I must get out my blue watercolour and draw myself.
Would you like a caricature by me? It might be wroth millions in years to come.
annalondon8@gmail.com

No comments: