Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hospital Safety & Cause of Death On Certificates


Surely it is or should be a criminal offence to falsify a cause of death. You could be concealing murders, like Shipton.
I think all cases of MRSA and clostridium difficile should be recorded on death certificates even if not contributing to the death. Only that way will researchers now and in years to come have accurate numbers to analyse.
My father died in hospital but when I queried the cause of death listed and wanted it changed I was told that would stop the release of the body and delay the funeral and all the work done to get family to collect death certificate and so on would have to be done again - I was so upset about the death I did not feel up to fighting and driving and doing all the paperwork as well as paying all the costs of certificates and so on twice.

No comments: