Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Best way to learn languages through memory aids




I wrote to my friends on Facebook that I was studying languages, four languages, through Duolingo. You can get  a free look at an example.

Tony Winyard Duolingo is very good. Take a peek at Linkword which for me is even better http://www.linkwordlanguages.com/
Angela Lansbury Thanks. It is brilliant. But at £20 for the first course, then another, for French, Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin Chinese - actually not so bad. Especially if you pick one language, for a birthday present. Or get your employer to pay. Or can take it off tax. They do Polish and Hebrew but not Arabic, Hindi/Urdu/Persian which I understand (from the ladies in the sauna in Harrow) are similar.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I looked at the cost. You would pay another £5 or so to have the disc. I would invest in the disc. Every two years or so you find you laptop is corrupted, or out of date and replaced, or the memory is full and your downloads are replaced or put onto a backup and lost. If you are using a language course to get started and then become fluent and never need it again, then you don't need the disc. But if you want to refresh a year or two later, the disc is useful. Especially when you buy a new device and not everything is copied.

No comments: