Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, June 24, 2016

Black Pepper Restaurant, Hatch End for cheesecake with amaretto ice cream

I like the paintings with the touches of red. The back room for a committee meeting was lovely. Owner Aziz came in and said hello. Three of our members are regulars at the restaurant - two of them often have the liver. Another raves about the duck and says it's the best place in Hatch End, which is not short of restaurants.

One of the bonus points is the set meal Monday to Thursday evening. Two courses for under £20 (plus 10% service charge, and any extra you spend on drinks). I was planning on dessert, whilst others opted for starters with a main course.

Olives, oil and bread.

Bread and oil and olives came up before the meal so I would have been well overfed if I had had the olives and a three course meal and coffee and drinks. (After having had sparkling wine and chocolates for tea celebrating a friend's diamond wedding anniversary).

The potatoes to me make a meal. I was happy with my duck which had just a touch of orange sauce, plus spinach and roast potatoes.

Black Pepper restaurant duck.

But for me the high point of the meal was the cheesecake with ice cream. I had asked for the boring, ordinary vanilla to be changed to another flavour.  I was offered strawberry, chocolate or amaretto. I chose the most unusual, amaretto. A good choice. It had a grainy texture as well as a wonderful flavour. I shall dream about it.
Cheese cake with amaretto ice cream. 
 Photo credit. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

I could have finished with a dessert wine, muscat (grape) from Beaume de Venise. Alas I was too full. Next time.

Black Pepper
461 Uxbridge Road
Hatch End
Middx
HA5 4JS
Tel:020 84214349
www.blackpepperrestaurant.co.uk
email:enquiries@blackpepperrestaurant.co.uk


Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, speaker and author.

No comments: